Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Categories: IT - Computer Services & Support, Management - Entry Level, IT - Software/Development, IT - ALL CATEGORIES, Management - ALL CATEGORIES
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Product Manager with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
Simpleview is the industry’s leading provider of CRM, CMS, website design, search marketing, revenue generation, and mobile technologies to destination marketing organizations (DMOs), which include regional convention and visitors bureaus (CVBs), state tourism offices, and national convention and tourism offices.
The Product Manager will be responsible for writing customer-centric user stories, ranking and prioritizing work, and working with the Product Director, adding them to the product backlog, determining product release schedules, and maintaining a timeline
Simpleview is looking for highly intelligent, self-motivated and determined individuals to assist Senior Management in exploring, analyzing and executing our product entry in new markets and is looking for and maximizing new opportunities within our existing markets. The successful candidate represents all stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Support, users, and – by way of the Product Director – developers) and is the voice of the customer. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business as well as the customers that Simpleview serves.
- Software Product Management: Ability to identify a market need, translate that need into specific software features that our development teams can build. Manage the process of not only bringing the product to market but working with others to properly sell, support and evolve the product.
- Market Research & Business Development: Ability to analyze a particular market to gather facts, characteristics, competitors, and identify their strengths and weaknesses. Ability to gather intelligence on the segments and develop a path for entry through either a “Buy or Build” process.
- Financial Analysis: Ability to take particular information gathered to build financial models that allow the company to understand the commitments required for success and to define success on our approach.
- Technical Awareness: Ability to understand the trends within the Software industry and how they can be successfully applied to various situations. Can work within a team atmosphere to brainstorm and vet particular new growth ideas and adapt them to a solution that helps our clients be more productive and provide a high level of service.
- Process Improvement: Ability to see how items flow within an industry or process and to design, implement and transition a newer, better way to do things. Have the communication skills to challenge the status quo and to work with those who have the domain knowledge and experience to properly integrate the new process.
- Ideally an MBA or entrepreneurial experience in the software Product Management or Bus Dev analyst role.
- 3 or more years managing software products and projects.
- SCRUM, PMP, or other product management credentials preferred.
- Experience with International and multi-language products desired.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment while maintaining an aggressive professional approach
- Ability to learn fast and apply recently gained knowledge within an ever-changing environment
- Driven and focused on growing personally within an opportunity limited only by your willingness to learn
- Understands Agile and Roadmap Product Development
- Ideally looking for an opportunity to potentially run a division or company of their own in the future
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of data and articulate it correctly to others
- Enjoys being very hands-on and being able to drive their projects at their own pace
- Ability to present to small or large groups to credibly present product solutions to prospects, customers or at industry events (public speaking)
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!