ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Wine & Spirits Sales Consultant- Newberry Rd, Gainesville, FL
at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits
Would you like to work for a growing, successful Florida-based retail company where people come first, and employees are promoted from within? As an employer of choice, you can count on us to provide development opportunities and a great team member experience.
At ABC, you will learn about the growing world of wine, spirits, beer and fine cigars, while being part of an integral team where your customer service, merchandising, and leadership skills are valued.
Wine and Spirits Consultant
Our Wine and Spirits Consultants enable yourself, our guests, and your teammates to have a safe, happy, and productive experience every day. Increase store wine and spirits sales by providing a high level of personalized service, sharing wine and spirits knowledge to guests and team members, and performing the following duties below:
- Participate in all mandatory company-sponsored classes, including online training, attend off-site meetings as required, assist with resets, remodels, new store openings, and wine tastings at other stores
- Train and mentor the Assistant Wine and Spirits Consultant, as applicable
- Assist in making appropriate wine and spirit recommendations to guests and assists team members to further increase their knowledge of wine and spirits
- Make wine and spirit recommendations to guests appropriately based on the style requested or event to be held
- Meet quotas established by the Wine Supervisor to sell specific brands of wine or spirits and/or reach a sales goal
- Effectively market wine and spirits to guests via several different marketing channels, which may include social media, online or in-store product reviews, or in-store displays and signage
- Restock and replenish the sales floor with product from the stockrooms and ensure all posted price points are correct
- Responsible for following all operational compliance policy to ensure safety among team members and guests
- Operate a Point-of-Sale terminal to process all guest transactions, involving basic cash handling and applying coupons or discounts in accordance with company policy
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the property, including picking up or sweeping any debris inside and outside the storefront, collecting shopping carts from the parking lot and cleaning out the restrooms as required
- 21 years of age or older
- At least 6 months of experience, training or knowledge in the wine or spirits industry or involving the sale of fine wines or spirits. Any experience or exposure in a relevant retail or customer service environment is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires, night and weekends, especially during holidays
Physical Requirements ( With or without accommodation):
- Must be able to remain standing for long periods upwards of 8 hours at a time, frequently move about throughout the store
- Must frequently lift and/or transport up to 35 pounds throughout the store including through any stockrooms or backroom on premises
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders and step stools to safely access stockroom and floor shelves as needed
* Full position description provided upon request during the interview process.
Our Mission is: “We make everyday celebrations better while enriching the lives of team members and by contributing to organizations that benefit families in the communities we serve.”
Experience our Core Values: Respect, Empower, Inspire!
Respect our mission, our guests and each other
Empower each other to make an impact, no matter how small
Inspire and support our Team Members and the communities they serve
If you would like to consider joining us full-time in future, you will want to know that qualifying full-time team members receive outstanding benefits which include:
PAID VACATION AND PTO
INCENTIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAM
ABC UNIVERSITY - GREAT WINE, SPIRITS, BEER, CIGAR TRAINING
EXCELLENT HEALTH INSURANCE FOR INDIVIDUAL FAMILY
DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
COMPANY-MATCH 401K PROGRAM
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS ON WINE AND SPIRITS
WELLNESS COACHING WITH NUTRITIONAL EXPERT, DR. CATE
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
Complete your online application today at www.abcfws.com/careers. We look forward to helping you take the first step towards a successful ABC seasonal experience!
Equal Employment Opportunity
ABC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, creed, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law (“protected status”).
ABC is an alcohol-free, drug-free workplace.