Academy of Math and Science
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing Technician Now Hiring
at Academy of Math and Science
Pay: $13 to $17/hour
<div><b> $13 - $17 hourly DOE</b></div>
Job Reference #: 1397
Categories: Automotive/Motor Vehicle/Parts, Construction/Trades, Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader’s Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
4.1 rated on Glassdoor.com
AMS MASSA campus - 434 W Lerdo Rd., Tucson, AZ, 85706
Our response to COVID19: https://www.amsschools.org/apps/pages/COVID-19/Campus-Safety-Measures
The Nursing Technician provides support to all employees and serves as a Research & Development Specialist in the fields of Nursing and School Health. Providing support in addressing the health needs of students; assisting in implementing the school health program; and providing appropriate care and/or referral for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students. Administer first aid and medication to students according to district policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides professional expertise in the fields of Nursing and School Health
- Acts as a liaison between the schools and outside groups. Fosters relationships with the Arizona Department of Health and non-profit organizations that provide services to the schools or assist the schools with training and other initiatives
- Researches local laws and practices for possible implementation in AZ schools
- Conduct quarterly health office site audits
- Analyze trends in audit outcomes to strategize additional training
- Notify student's guardian of visits to the Health Office.
- Offer care for student injuries.
- Create an Arizona Health Record for each student.
- Record immunizations, vision, and hearing test results.
- Maintain all prescription and non-prescription medication with proper security measures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized office.
- Maintain and rotate supplies.
- Complete weekly accident and health office visit reports for Administrators.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Conduct hearing and vision screening.
- Complete and send immunization and hearing reports to the state.
- Performs other related duties as required by supervisor
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe environment that the student feels safe in.
- Ability to identify individual student medical needs.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to collaborate with other school staff.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Be detailed, organized and timely in completion of work
- Hold a Minimum of Medical Assistant Certificate
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP level one fingerprint clearance card at all times.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, analytical, and written skills
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- 2 years School-based experience
- CPR AED and First Aid Certified
How to apply:
Apply in 5 minutes through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or .docx format:
1. A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments.
2. A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies.
Compensation: $13 - $17 hourly DOE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!