Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Direct Care Worker PRN
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
LOCATION: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Characteristics of Position:
The direct service assistant provides client centered care by facilitating, participating and monitoring the treatment activities of clients with substance disorders or co-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders.
- High School or GED
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency?s Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Preferred Attributes: CBHT
High School with one year of experience working in a child caring, law enforcement, human services, or other relevant setting preferred.
Physical / Safety/Health Considerations: Standing, walking, carrying, stooping, speaking, and listening
Incentives and Differentials:
Quality of Work Expected: Level Commensurate with satisfactory Direct Service performance for position
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate with level necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Position reports to the Program/Shift Supervisor as directed and does not provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibilities:
Adheres to agency model and documentation for admissions, treating persons with co-occurring disorders and orientation. Carries out tasks associated with laundry, a clean living environment, and ensures safety of clients receiving services.
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers? License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida. If required to drive and ACTS? vehicle, must maintain drivers? license and history as listed about and participate in all transportation-related training activities, including on-the-road driving test relative to appropriate and safe operation of motor vehicles.
- DIRECT CARE Participates in the preparation of progress reports
- May transport clients to medical facilities, home, court appearances, recreational activities, or 12-step meetings as applicable to program structure
- May be responsible for planning and preparation of client meals, and related tasks, i.e. , shopping, cooking, serving, and clean-up
- Maintains cleanliness of the house, premises and vehicles and insures all are maintained through work orders to maintenance
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to position.