Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Specialist
at Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc
Characteristics of Position:
This position provides skilled clerical/administrative support,technical assistance, training and support to computer system users in a humanservices agency that provides treatment for substance disorders orco-occurring substance and psychiatric disorders. This is a full time position at ACTS'Juvenile Assessment Center (JAC), located in Tampa, Florida (HillsboroughCounty).
Location: Tampa, Florida
- Communications - Communicate with supervisor and established chain of command regarding daily workflow, operations and/or incidents; document all required information in a clear, legible, timely, concise and accurate manner.
- Relationship - Establish a helping relationship with program management. Respects authority; models direct and clear communications with peers, clients and subordinates; culturally aware and respectful of differences;
- Administrative - Precisely documents events and transactions specific to job duties in approved Agency formats; understands and adheres to program operating procedures.
- Technical - Utilizes Agency communication devices and information technology as a business tool; proficient, as required, in the use of Outlook, DATIS, Train Caster, KIS and related IT systems and software applications.
- Business Acumen - Adheres to Agency Policy.
- Professional - Behaves ethically;presents a professional image in appearance, communications and demeanor; adheres to Agency scheduling Policy; follows program activity schedules; committed to personal professional development.
- Analytical - Assist in gathering information about basic and community living of maintenance or food services needed.
- Leadership - Seek to participate in effective approaches and training to enhance job skills; seek opportunities to mentor new staff; ability to recognize unsafe behaviors, situations, and environments to maintain the safety and well-being of persons receiving services, staff and community members.
- High school diploma with three years of progressively responsible experience in office management, business, or related area required.
- Microsoft/comparable certification or related degree may substitute for one year of the required experience listed above.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and the use computers and software.
- All ACTS, Inc. employees must be able and willing to work when expected to accommodate program and/or agency needs, participate in the agency's Quality Improvement Program and attend all assigned/required trainings, practice on-the-job safety at all times, and demonstrate the ability to communicate and work with others and be respectful of peers, supervisors, clients, guests, etc. If required by contract or administrative rule, must fully participate NAPPI (crisis intervention) training and able to apply same to work setting.
Physical /Safety/Health Considerations: Standard office environment
Quality of Work Expected: Level commensurate with satisfactory technical support performance
Quantity of Work Expected: Commensurate withlevel necessary to fully meet obligations
Supervision: Work is performedunder the supervision of a Program Administrator or Director. Technicaldirection related to the computer system will be provided by ACTS' InformationTechnology Director. This position doesnot provide supervision to others.
Scope of Responsibilities:Uses knowledge ofcomputers and systems to skillfully perform clerical duties. Organizes andmaintains logs, records, policies, procedures, spreadsheets and other files asassigned. Serves as liaison between program personnel and ACTS' Director ofInformation Technology.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Performs skilled clerical duties utilizing knowledge of computers and systems.
- Develops and/or assists in the development, organization and maintenance of records, program support documentation, policies, procedures, phone logs
- Works with, data bases, spreadsheets and participates in the collection, management and retrieval of data.
- Assists Administrator/Director/others as assigned with special projects/tasks.
- Serves as liaison between program/unit personnel and ACTS' Information Technology Director.
- Provides technical assistance to personnel for maximizing use of computer system.
- May set up or assist in the set-up of computers/related hardware and installation/configuration of software.
- Reports misuse and/or damage to computer equipment to Program Administrator/Director.
- Performs related work as assigned / required.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC: The program includes the followingduties and responsibilities for this position:
- Responsible as the on-site troubleshooter for network issues
- Orders computer-related supplies as needed and maintains on-site inventory of same
- Inventories and troubleshoots DJJ equipment, notifies support personnel if needed
Specialized Duties/ Tasks
- Must possess valid Florida Drivers' License, industry accepted driving history and maintain vehicle insurance required by State of Florida
- Serves as Training Liaison for ACTS and DJJ, keeps necessary records and enters information into the LMS for each
- Reviews all intervention and assessment billing for accuracy and submits it into the medical billing system
- Reviews all the Outreach and Prevention billing each month to make sure it is accurate for JAC and Truancy
- Prepares Medicaid packets for sign-off and storage
- Provides administrative support to Program Director as requested
The omission of specific statementsdoes not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed hereinif such duties are a logical assignment to position.
ACTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.