Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Teach-English Lang Development
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 58633|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Mar 12, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
5021 EAST 123RD AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 802413203
SALARYINFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Thesalary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary willbe adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- Thesalary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salaryplacement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA)step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they will beplaced at the initial requirement level for this position.
- Afterinitial placement by the district on the salary schedule, thecertified/licensed employee can provide the district additional officialtranscripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensedemployees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/orwork experience up to a maximum of six (6) years, which includes in-districtand out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibilityfor verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- Forfurther explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Masteragreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants(current district employees and external applicants) should list any and allwork experience, including current district experience, when completing theemployment application. Please includejob titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach aresume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
?Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
?Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
?Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
?Participate in ongoing training sessions.
?Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
?Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
?Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
?Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance student learning.
?Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
?Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
?Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
?Prepare and distribute parent communications.
?Observe and evaluate student's performance.
?Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate behavior strategies.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
?Bachelor?s degree or higher.
?Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
?Criminal background check required for hire.
?Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Colorado Educator License.
?Must possess the required license and endorsement according to ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
?ESL, Bilingual, or (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education, (CLDE) Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education endorsement required.
?K-5: Must also possess elementary endorsement.
?6-12: Must also possess English endorsement.