Agua Fria Union School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Agua Fria Union School District
Openings as of 8/23/2019
- AVID Tutor JobID: 1221
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Avid Tutor
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Upon Board Approval
- Closing Date:
until filled Additional Information:
POSITION DESCRIPTION: AVID Tutor
I. General Description:
To take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of AVID students by assisting students in the successful completion of college eligibility requirements and in becoming college ready. The AVID tutor provides academic support for students in rigorous courses while encouraging those students to seek a four year college or university after graduation. The AVID tutor is a role model and mentor to AVID students.
1. Currently enrolled in college/university or has completed a 4 year college or university.
2. Ability to work part time during school hours.
3. Must possess good communication skills and is willing to ask questions and provide constructive feedback to improve the quality of the AVID class.
4. Ability to work independently but has the ability to take and follow directions.
5. Must obtain and maintain an IVP Fingerprint card prior to start date.
6. Must possess positive attitude toward students, teachers, and staff.
7. Must be available to complete tutor training.
8. Prior tutoring experience is desired.
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains professionalism and a positive attitude.
2. Arrives on time and prepared for class.
3. Acts as a role model for AVID students.
4. Facilitates the tutorial learning process and implements AVID methodologies.
5. Actively participates in collaborative groups and tutorials.
6. Participates in AVID field trips and motivational activities.
7. Adheres to the routines and expectations of the AVID elective teacher’s classroom.
8. Communicates with AVID teacher in advance of absences/tardies on a tutorial day.
9. Assists students in maintaining their AVID binder.
10. Maintains confidentiality of information regarding students, staff, parents and school issues.
16. Provide a welcoming atmosphere for students.
17. Perform responsibilities in an ethical and professional manner.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!