ALL NATIVE GROUP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grounds Laborer- Redstone Arsenal, AL
at ALL NATIVE GROUP
All Native Group is the federal contracting division of Ho-Chunk Inc, an award-winning economic development corporation owned by the Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska. All Native Group currently provides professional, health, and technical services to the Federal Government. We are currently seeking a Grounds Laborer to provide services in the Huntsville, AL area.
The incumbent is responsible for general grounds maintenance and upkeep of all areas including the exterior of buildings and roadways. (All duties and essential functions listed below may not be performed by every employee with this job title. It is the employee’s responsibility to confirm with their supervisor if there is a question regarding whether a function is required in your job assignment.)
- Cuts the grass using a walk-behind or riding mower (less than 2,000 lbs).
- Trims the hedges/edges around walkways, flower beds, and walls using hedge trimmers, clippers, and edging tools.
- Cleans the walks, drives and parking areas by means of a landscape blower or vacuum.
- Prunes the shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth using shears and other hand tools.
- Plants grass, trees, flowers, and shrubs.
- Waters the lawns and shrubs.
- Performs litter and debris clean-up.
- Weeds the plant and ornamental landscape beds.
- Operates powered grounds-maintenance equipment such as weed eaters, edgers, blowers etc.
- Reports all equipment abnormality (i.e. noises, vibrations, damage) in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all safety performance standards and regulations associated with operating grounds maintenance equipment.
- Reports all accidents, injuries, "near misses" and hazardous situations in a timely manner.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Attends and participates in meetings held by supervisors. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the use of hand tools, including shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, and axes.
- Knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment as well as the proper use and requirements for the job task being performed.
- Skill in the use of power tools commonly used in grounds maintenance.
- Ability to work with little supervision and display mature judgment.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work cooperatively and safely with others on common projects.
- Ability to successfully complete a background check.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Six (6) months previous experience in grounds maintenance.
- Must be able to pass a security background check to gain access to a military base
- Valid State Driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer
SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company