Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Care Navigator | Crisis Stabilization Unit
at AllHealth Network
Goals and Objectives:
• Meet productivity standards for the job role
• Co-manage an active caseload of clients requiring both clinical and non-clinical interventions
• Provide care coordination services to effectively manage the physical and behavioral health care of clients with complex needs
• Communicate and collaborate with colleagues, care providers and community resources to seamlessly integrate complex services
• Promote a positive culture of collaboration within AllHealth Network
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely and collaborate within a team-based model to ensure integrated delivery of care coordination and case management services.
• Motivate clients to participate in the program by establishing a therapeutic relationship.
• Assist with care coordination tasks such as appointments and/or transportation, patient education and assistance with navigating physical and behavioral health systems, and facilitating communication with providers and other care team members.
• Conduct telephonic and face-to-face outreach and engagement to activate clients to be more involved in managing their health.
• Travel to outreach locations to meet with clients/families, coordinate services, and attend regular staff and management meetings.
• Act as a client advocate and liaison between internal and external providers and community resources to seamlessly integrate complex services. May include client family and/or other support systems, Human Services, parole/probation, primary care providers and others as appropriate.
• Co-manage a client caseload with a case manager for those clients identified as having complex needs requiring both clinical and non-clinical interventions and support.
• Maintain a small caseload of clients requiring non-clinical interventions and continued support in order to gain optimal functioning and sustain improvements in health management.
• Make referrals to community based organizations and resources that are consistent with the identified needs in the plan of care and/or by the client.
• Assist with the coordination of case conferencing, meetings or other related tasks to facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Perform administrative support for programs including but not limited to: insurance verification, medical record/chart review, data entry of patient information, review and assignment of cases to clinical staff, triaging phone calls, and directing calls appropriately.
• Positively contribute to the financial health of the organization by ensuring delivery of billable services and utilizing, monitoring and collecting data for decision making and program improvements.
• Participate and contribute to departmental meetings, team huddles, rounds, supervision and other meetings, as needed, to ensure cohesive department operations.
• Enhance professional growth and development through participation in specialized training and other informal learning experiences.
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures.
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning within required timelines.
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee. May include but not limited to services that promote mind-body recovery and resiliency, population health, medication management, educational groups, mentoring and coaching, and navigation of systems to promote improved health.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree in a health/behavioral health related area of focus such as social work, psychology, sociology; OR
• High school diploma/GED certification with Peer Specialist training, certification preferred.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a healthcare related field such as a hospital, home health provider, community-based agency and customer service experience.
• May require additional specialized experience and/or knowledge depending on program needs and focus (i.e., housing, vocational rehabilitation, recovery, working with special populations, etc.)
• Knowledge of behavioral health terminology, understanding of care coordination and case management related service functions (ie: outreach and engagement, community resources, discharge planning, referrals, insurance/payer).
• Ability to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer based systems.
• Possess excellent customer service skills, strong organization skills, flexibility in responding to multiple demands, able to complete routine work with minimal direction from supervisor.
• Communicate effectively in written and oral communication with health care team, clients and families, and community providers.