Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Peer Recovery Coach
at AllHealth Network
This is a part-time position, 15 - 20 hours a week, with no benefits. Flexible Schedule.
Help persons in recovery achieve their personal recovery goals by promoting self-determination, personal responsibility, and the empowerment inherent in self-directed recovery. Expand the recovery options offered by Community Wellness Programs at AllHealth Network using an “All Paths” approach.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide a safe, supportive peer relationship that fosters trust and allows for discussion of recovery options.
• Provide support to the recovery path chosen by the client to include but not be limited to: self-help meetings, modeling effective coping strategies, medication assisted treatment, harm reduction, abstinence, psychotherapeutic intervention, hospitalization, spiritual intervention, or independent recovery.
• Communicate and collaborate with colleagues, care providers and community resources to seamlessly integrate complex services
• Promote a positive culture of collaboration within AllHealth Network
• Meet productivity standards for the job role
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely and collaborate within a team-based model to ensure integrated delivery of care coordination and case management services.
• Motivate clients to participate in the program and in their chosen form of recovery by establishing a therapeutic relationship, early intervention and assertive outreach.
• Facilitates the following recovery support services; peer mentoring, recovery resource connecting, facilitating and leading recovery groups and helping clients to build community.
• Assist with care coordination tasks such as appointments and/or transportation, patient education and assistance with navigating healthcare systems, and facilitating communication with providers and other care team members.
• Conduct telephonic and face-to-face outreach and engagement to activate clients to be more involved in managing their recovery.
• Maintain a small caseload of clients requiring continued support in order to gain optimal functioning and sustain improvements in overall recovery from Substance Use Disorder, Mental Illness and Trauma.
• Positively contribute to the financial health of the organization by ensuring delivery of billable services and utilizing, monitoring and collecting data for decision making and program improvements.
• Participate and contribute to departmental meetings, team huddles, rounds, supervision and other meetings, as needed, to ensure cohesive department operations.
• Enhance professional growth and development through participation in specialized training and other informal learning experiences. Peer Recovery Coaches are encouraged to be active in a support community outside of the organization.
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures.
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning within required timelines.
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee. May include but not limited to services that promote mind-body recovery and resiliency, population health, medication management, educational groups, mentoring and coaching, and navigation of systems to promote improved health.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• High school diploma/GED certification.
• Prefer completion of formal peer specialist training in specific content areas as outlined by the state of Colorado.
• Minimum of one year of active, engaged personal recovery from Substance Use Disorder and/or Mental Illness.
• May require additional specialized experience and/or knowledge depending on program needs and focus (i.e., housing, vocational rehabilitation, recovery, working with special populations, etc.)
• Knowledge of multiple paths to recovery including therapeutic interventions, medication assisted treatment and different community-based self-help options.
• Ability to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and other computer based systems.
• Possess excellent customer service skills, strong organization skills, flexibility in responding to multiple demands, able to complete routine work with minimal direction from supervisor.
• Communicate effectively with health care team, clients and families, and community providers.