Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Community Engagement Coordinator
at Alzheimer's Association
The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for building relationships in the community in order to encourage use of Alzheimer’s Association services and resources, support and assist individuals with dementia and their families, recruit volunteers to support expansion of community education, support groups, and early stage services, and work within the professional health care community to encourage better diagnosis, care planning and quality care provision. This role also collaborates with other departments to promote the Alzheimer’s Association’s full mission.
This is a full-time position, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, and reports to the Southern Nevada Regional Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Collaborate with the Chapter’s programs management team to develop, implement, and manage strategies to create greater awareness, access, and attendance to Association programs, support groups, and early stage services.
* Coordinate outreach efforts with Regional Director to develop strategic partnerships with community groups to grow program opportunities, participant outreach, volunteer recruitment, and provision of program space.
* Build and expand the number of volunteers: Community Educators, Community Representatives, Support Group Facilitators, Early Stage volunteers, and other Program Volunteers in regional territory with a focus to serve rural, diverse, and underserved communities.
* Provide in-person support and plan recognition events for program volunteers in regional territory in collaboration with program leadership.
* Schedule, plan, market, and oversee delivery of core services in territory.
* Serve as a community liaison by participating in relevant community events, serving as a spokesperson to build collaborative relationships with partner agencies to support Chapter’s strategic plan and full mission.
* In collaboration with Regional Director and Program Director, develop, manage, and market community forums.
* Conduct outreach to educate and build working relationships with health care organizations, community-based organizations, and long-term care facilities to engage providers to enhance early detection, diagnosis, and care planning; encourage service providers to register and maintain updated information in the Community Resource Finder database.
* Use established protocols and resources to respond to and provide information, referrals, and care consultations for persons living with dementia and their families when in the community and as support to the Chapter’s Helpline team.
* Facilitate and provide education of Alzheimer’s Association Common Programs and Chapter developed programs as needed and as required by grants.
* Ensure all care and support data is entered in CRM database; maintain reports, service statistics, and grant-related documentation as needed.
* Connect families, volunteers, and community partners to full-mission opportunities.
* Ensure the evaluation, satisfaction, quality assurance, and program improvement for all support programs and services.
* Participate in other Chapter events including Walk to End Alzheimer’s, The Longest Day, Advocacy Day, Annual Education Conference, etc.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in human services, social work, gerontology, psychology or related field.
* 2-3 years of experience in the healthcare field guiding, coaching, and supporting individuals and their families; experience with dementia preferred.
* Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to write and speak clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
* Experience working within professional networks and conducting outreach to rural, diverse, and underserved communities.
* Able to work with diverse communities and demonstrate inclusion.
* Strong organizational skills and proficiency in maintaining systems and procedures.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
* Able to work both independently and as a member of a team.
* High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
* Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and prior experience with CRM and volunteer databases, and ability to rapidly learn new software
* Ability and willingness to travel by car within the assigned territory. Occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, and good driving record.
* Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required for the job.
* Ability to bend, stoop, lift and transport up to 25 lbs. of materials.