Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Professional Education
at Alzheimer's Association
Be a part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health agency dedicated to eliminating Alzheimer's disease and related disorders through the advancement of research and enhancing care and support for individuals, their families and caregivers. Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs, the Director of Professional Education oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of professional education and training programs as well as the expansion of outreach efforts in the Rochester & Finger Lakes Chapter’s territory. In addition, this position will oversee the development of a statewide online videoconferencing training program in collaboration with all seven New York State Alzheimer’s Association Chapters.
We are looking for a leader with a strong program management and administrative background. This individual will have a track record of success in developing and strengthening collaborative partnerships with academic training programs and community based organizations.
Essential Position Functions
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of Alzheimer’s Association community, family and professional education.
- Utilizing national Alzheimer’s Association resources and sound training principles, ensure that curricula are current and effective.
- In collaboration with the Director of Education plan and deliver professional conferences.
- Cultivation of productive working relationships with decision-makers in health care organizations.
- Program planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Strong knowledge and abilities related to health care data and analysis.
- Appropriate and effective use of data to guide decisions.
- Outcome driven.
- Administer volunteer educator training, scheduling and support.
- Recruit, train and supervise a team of volunteer educator staff.
- Oversight of a volunteer management system.
- Maintain essential statistical program services delivery data.
- Perform focused outreach to specified populations in support of education programs.
- Deliver and/or schedule professional education.
- Develop and refine curriculum.
- Assist with projects of a consultative nature.
- Develop and manage community based partnerships.
- Collaborate with community based organizations on special events.
- Lead with sensitivity to diversity and inclusiveness efforts of program delivery.
- Provide leadership where needed for special events, conferences, etc. sponsored by programs and services.
- Represent the Association as needed at program and services events, occasionally on weekends and/or evenings.
- Provide leadership for special projects and programs as assigned.
- Attend all required staff and community meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in health care, health administration, public health, or related field preferred.
- Demonstrate 3 or more years of experience working for or with health systems, or other health care industry experience. Experience in training, quality improvement facilitation, or technical assistance preferred.
- Demonstrate 2 or more years of experience cultivating productive working relationships with decision-makers in client or partner organizations.
- Experience creating and delivering education/training sessions strongly preferred.
- Program management or program development experience desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work independently, as a team and be self-motivated.
- Strong public speaking and communication skills.
- Background working collaboratively with external service providers and developing community partnerships.
- Empathy for individuals with dementia and their caregivers.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Must have valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance.