Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern-Strategic Partnerships & Events
at Alzheimer's Association
The Intern, Strategic Partnerships and Events will be responsible for providing support around the sports partnerships initiative and the team event portfolio. This collaborative position requires strong relationship building skills, writing and prospect research skills, and experience in executing nonprofit events. The candidate must thrive in a fast paced and team environment.
This internship is located in Chicago, IL and reports to the Specialist, Strategic Partnerships & Events.
This is a summer internship. Flexible schedule but must be able to work a minimum of 4 hours in a work day, approximately 20 hours a week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Assist with planning and execution of the Alzheimer’s Awareness Games with specialist and senior associate director, chapter staff, and outside parties as needed
* Provide event activation and stewardship support to the team
* Conduct research on grant prospects and potential donations with different sports teams
* Work with event leads on event portfolio as assigned and day to day post-event and pre-event support.
* Aid in the acknowledgement and receipt process for the team
* Contribute to the strategic partnerships and events team
* Relationship Building
* Creativity and Planning
* Project Management
* Superior Customer Service
* Efficient Communication
* High School Diploma required
* Enrolled in higher education with a major in Business Administration, Marketing or related business field.
* Desire to work in the development and nonprofit space
* Excellent communicator with strong problem solving and negotiating skills.
* Self-starter and results oriented with ability to focus on and meet deadlines and goals.
* Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
* Relationship builder with a strong focus on customer service in every interaction.
* Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions
* Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
* Ability to think strategically
* Ability to handle stress