Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing & Communications Intern - Unpaid
at Alzheimer's Association
The marketing and communications intern will support Alzheimer’s Association efforts to raise
concern and awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and local services and events, by developing and
engaging local media relationships, assisting in the drafting and calendaring of social content, and
exploring new strategies to reach priority audiences. The marketing and communications intern will
report to the Communications Director. (UNPAID)
Essential Role Functions
- Become familiar with the Alzheimer’s Association, Alzheimer’s disease, and our major
events and programs to answer basic questions as needed.
- Research media entities across our 17 county service area as needed, identify engagement
opportunities, and follow up on outreach by phone and email.
- Consistent with core messaging, work with the communications director to draft and
calendar social media content, event and press releases, and other copy as needed.
- Explore strategies based on intern interests, strengths or career development to reach new
and/or priority audiences.
- Assist with office administrative support, including but not limited to answering incoming
calls, preparing outgoing correspondence, and receiving and directing office guests.
- Friendly, personable communication skills; ability to speak confidently over the phone.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Forms, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities; ability to work with diverse
populations; high degree of creativity; high energy, maturity and leadership.
- Proximity to Hudson and/or familiarity with the Greater East Ohio region is a plus.