Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program and Education Manager
at Alzheimer's Association
We warmly invite qualified applicants to consider this opportunity to make a life changing impact on the millions living with the disease, their caregivers and those that may be diagnosed with the disease in the future. Read on to learn more about the role, then visit our website www.alz.org to find out more about who we are and why we've been recognized as a Best Place to Work the last nine years in a row.
The Program and Education Manager is responsible for coordinating and conducting educational programs, conducting outreach to health care providers and providing education and support to individuals, caregivers and the general public. Additionally, the position will utilize volunteers to increase program delivery and support services throughout the Chapter territory, including the recruitment, training, support and management of volunteer community educators.
This opportunity is based in the San Fernando Valley office which serves San Fernando, Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys.
* Work as part of a cohesive and collaborative program team to deliver the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association as the Manager of our Core Programming group of established classes, lectures and services.
* Plan, schedule, promote and deliver Association community education programs within a variety of venues.
* Conduct outreach and education with healthcare providers and healthcare systems.
* Provide recruitment, training, resources and supervision of volunteers and interns.
* Conduct timely and effective promotion and outreach on behalf of the organization, with a focus on increasing awareness of and promoting care and support programs.
* Identify and meet the needs of diverse communities and populations, with a particular focus on diverse communities, including the Latino, African-American and the LGBT community.
* Represent the chapter at appropriate and assigned meetings and events.
* Promote and support all office activities including the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and The Longest Day.
* A Bachelor's Degree in a healthcare related field: social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, gerontology, public health; Master’s Degree preferred
* A minimum of three years of experience in community outreach, conducting education programs, health care guiding, coaching and supporting individuals and their families
* Experience in volunteer management, supervision and support
* Ability to work with a wide range of people including persons with dementia, family caregivers, corporations, foundations and volunteers
* Ability to lead, guide and inspire volunteers to achieve goals and objectives while demonstrating and promoting open communication, transparency and teamwork
* Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities in a fast paced environment
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to present to and facilitate groups in a manner reflecting an understanding of different learning modalities, communication technologies, group processes and cultural diversity
* Excellent customer service skills when working with internal and external clients
* Familiarity with demographics and community resources desirable
* Access to a reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
* Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
* Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
* Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
search terms: health educator, health education, programs, nonprofit, healthcare