Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
at Alzheimer's Association
Sr. Director, Marketing and Communications – PA/NJ/DE
Location: Philadelphia, PA (sub-markets include Wilmington/Salisbury)
Type: Full Time
Minimum 66,700, Mid 86,700 , Maximum 106,700.
The Alzheimer’s Association is looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to serve as the functional leader in media relations, marketing and communications for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. The Senior Director of Marketing and Communications crafts strategies, builds relationships and executes a comprehensive communication plan to significantly increase concern and awareness on behalf of the Alzheimer’s Association. They will work in all aspects of media relations, including promoting consumer-friendly disease-awareness campaigns and press events; pro-actively inserting the cause into trending stories and creating new opportunities; and showcasing scientific advances in the field as well as Alzheimer’s Association programs and special events. They will be responsible for overseeing and executing all marketing and communications initiatives through multiple platforms across the three-state area of responsibility. The Sr. Director will provide direct oversight to one Manager, Marketing and Communications and - in partnership with chapter executive directors - will provide matrix-style direction to the full team of marketing and communication professionals across the region
- Coordinate media interest in the Chapters of the region and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate responses to media requests:
- Act as the Association’s representative with the media for specific chapter. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners, clients and the media.
- Help facilitate relationships with key reporters and major media outlets to earn media placements including the management of a robust media contact list.
- Oversee and participate in the development of spokespeople, including staff, volunteers, and other individuals impacted by the disease, including media training.
- Leader and team player who will educate our target audiences about Alzheimer’s disease and engage them in activities of the Alzheimer’s Association. Assess, understand, synthesize, and communicate complicated information for internal partners and the media.
- Collaborate with the Regional Leader, Chapter Executives and staff, as well as other key stakeholders to develop, execute and measure the success of an effective regional marketing and communications plan in compliment to the Alzheimer’s Association’s National strategic plan:
- Oversee and report progress to the Regional Leader and National Marketing and Communications Team.
- Provide strategic counsel, develop and execute creative media programs, and work cross functionally across chapters and departments within each chapter.
- Responsible for all marketing and communication materials including: print, digital and collateral design, web content, email newsletters, social media profiles, and advertising:
- Assure compliance with all Alzheimer’s Association branding policies, procedures, standards and applicable regulatory requirements; promote Association-wide programs and initiatives.
- Develop strategy and work with marketing and communications staff to manage social media marketing region-wide in order to expand social media presence and utilize social media as a tool to support Chapter’s programs, services and development goals.
- Extend initiatives across traditional, online and social media platforms.
- Ensure effective management within the marketing and communications function. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
- Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified marketing and communications staff.
- Develop a sense of shared mission with staff to jointly achieve organization-wide goals and support the success of each mission pillar.
- Represent the marketing and communication efforts of the region at National level when required.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications, public relations, and not-for-profit organizations.
- At least 10 years of leadership experience in media relations, marketing and communications
- Advanced level writing for digital communications such as enews, social media and website
- Proven ability to develop key stories and successful media pitches
- Proven record/portfolio of creative and compelling writing
- Team focused with strong leadership qualities and at least five years of experience supervising team members; experience managing volunteers is a plus
- Experience with regional markets – most specifically large and mid-sized markets
- Experience with communications in Alzheimer’s disease or other healthcare issues is a plus
- Experience with crisis and issues management
- Commitment to the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Knowledge of community media resources
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to strategically determine best use of resources, volunteers tools and tactics to achieve goals, along with superior research, writing and editorial skills.
- Creative and compelling graphics experience
- Advanced level social messaging skills
- Advanced level copyediting and proofreading skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Excel, Power Point and Google applications; willing and able to perform all training required for Alzheimer’s Association organizational CRM system
- Working knowledge of Convio/Blackbaud/Luminate, RedDot, Kentico
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to listen effectively
- Good decision-making skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills; strong public speaking skills
- Presents self in a professional manner
- High level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner, prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate in person, by phone and electronically with internal and external constituents
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift maximum of 30 lbs
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as needed to perform job duties, must have a valid driver’s license
This job profile in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the job holder. He/she will be required to follow any other instructions or perform any other duties as requested by his/her supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential elements may change when necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer and we appreciate your interest in the Alzheimer's Association.