ARIZONA HEALTH CARE COST CONTAINMENT SYSTEM Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Accounting Supervisor I
First Resume Review: 08/21/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
JOB SUMMARY: The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accounting Supervisor I. The person in this position will be responsible for the Programmatic Accounts Payable Unit to ensure that all health plans/providers’ payments, claims and deposits are processed in a timely manner. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervises team members’ workload, training and completion of annual evaluations.
* Ensures that all programmatic payments and remittance are finalized in a timely manner.
* Ensures that claims and deposits are processed through AFIS to reimburse programmatic accounts.
* Reviews and coordinates testing for new programs and system upgrades.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): * Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices methods and techniques of government accounting and fiscal management (GAAP, GAAS).
* 2 years of experience as a supervisor or manager.
* Knowledge of the Federal funding process related to programmatic expenditures including knowledge of the applicable Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s) and the Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA).
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE(S): * Degree with a major in accounting from an accredited college or university or five years of government accounting experience equivalent to an Accountant II and at least 15 semester hours of accounting from an accredited college or inoversity.
* Rules and regulations and proceesing of all administrative claims as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual and AHCCCS Policies.
* Knowledge and experience with the mainframe application; PMMIS (Prepaid Medical Management Information System).
* Experience and training on the State’s new accounting system, AFIS.
BENEFITS At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
Please apply for this position by following the link provided below. A new window will open on your screen and you will be directed to the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS) employment website.