Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Public Information Specialist
First Resume Review: 07/10/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The newly established Division of Community Advocacy & Intergovernmental Relations (DCAIR) ensures Health Plan and Program Contractors’ resolution of consumer affairs and human rights issues and compliance with related aspects of their contracts. The DCAIR is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a part-time Public Information Specialist. Under the direction of the Public Information Officer, this position assists the Division of Community Relations and Intergovernmental Relations, Federal Relations and Communications team, with all aspects of the agency’s external, public-facing communications efforts. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Manage agency’s official social media accounts including developing content, escalating issues, engaging with stakeholders, and tracking effectiveness.
* Assists and direct the planning, designing, writing and editing content for internal and external audiences, including press releases, newsletters, web pages, presentations, fliers, and reports.
* Research and summarize key national and local health care issues for DCAIR leadership to support Waiver and State Plan efforts, community presentations, and other communication efforts.
* Serve as point of contact to compile, route, and track incoming public information inquiries including timely media relations inquiries, public records request, and other public information request.
* Other duties as assigned, as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Mass communication techniques and distribution methods.
* Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of with local media landscape.
* Proficient computer literacy in Word, Excel, and Google Suite.
* Graphic design software.
* Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
* Work independently and with flexibility to prioritize tasks based on urgency.
* Manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
* Bachelor’s degree (working toward) in related field such as mass communication, journalism, political science, or public health.
* Principles and practices of journalism.
* Bilingual in Spanish language is preferred.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.