Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Research and Statistical Analyst
First Resume Review: 04/03/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Research and Statistical Analyst. This position conducts data extraction, interpretation and presentation for routine reports and special projects using COGNOS, Tableau and SPSS. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Designs and develop reports using business intelligence tools that result in clear and meaningful reporting of the data and analysis
* Assists in requirements gathering for business questions of staff and management and develop those technical needs into meaningful reports which enable data driven decision making
* Provide oral and written responses to report results
* Serve as support resource for others within the agency as it relates to business intelligence
* Attend agency, divisional and unit meetings
* Interfaces with other team members to analyze and design methodologies for complex data extraction from a variety of data sources
* Assists other team members in cross-training, quality control and reporting methodologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Business intelligence concepts, practices and procedures
* Knowledge working with data systems including COGNOS, Tableau, SPSS, etc
* General knowledge of techniques and methodologies for data analysis and design requirements gathering, quality assurance and report development;
* Principle and Practice of data pulls from a complex data warehouse
* Developing and designing reports that are meaningful to the end user
* To analyze complex data, identify trends in relation to data queries
* Advanced computer skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems or related degree and at least two years’ experience in report development
* Applicable direct job related experience may substitute for degree
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.