Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
POSITION SUMMARY: Do you have a passion working with pets and people? In Admissions, we strive to provide an excellent experience every time. An Admissions Specialist assists with the intake of owned and stray animals. Our Field Operations team may also refer pets to be surrendered over-the-counter including large-scale intakes, as well as sick and injured animals. We offer our community surrender intervention where possible and when surrender is the best option, we provide a dignified experience and the best possible outcome in offering the pet a second chance at a good life. We provide return to owner services and help pet owners find their lost pets. An Admissions Specialist will be a voice for AHS, educate and inspire action with our stakeholders and tell our story including our mission, vision and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check-in and out all pet owners and good Samaritans in timely and courteous, professional manner.
- Provide walk-throughs for those looking for lost pets, provide resources and educate the public on steps to find their pet or reunite a found pet.
- Upon check-in for appointment, record the concern, perform medical exam including TPR, obtain the current weight and vaccinate.
- Provide resources for rehoming during surrender appointments and at the front desk for walk-ins.
- Review animal profiles and determine if animals are suitable for adoption.
- Collect surrender fees and solicit for donations.
- Relay information from pet owners/finders to the Veterinarian on duty or Trauma Tech.
- Enter in all medical and behavior notes into our animal database (Chameleon).
- Tell our story! Act as a voice for AHS and relay our mission and vision during check out.
- Pull Admission reports daily i.e Med Tech to Dispo list, animals without photos and bite reports, ID Check and RTO report.
- Answer incoming Admission calls and emails in a professional and compassionate tone.
- Assist with owner requested euthanasia and aftercare services including collecting fees, offering paws of remembrance and paw prints.
- Keep a positive, empathetic tone when the outcome of a pet is not a positive one.
- Assist good Samaritans who found or lost a pet. This also includes assisting with the coordination of a return to owner and microchip clearing.
- Take photos and/or videos of pets reunited with their owners to share their heartwarming stories on social media or internally.
- Restock and clean exam rooms and floors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must love working with pets and people.
- Spanish bilingual required.
- Minimum one year providing exemplary customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution skills required.
- Must be able to operate in a fast paced and at times stressful environment.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records. Chameleon experience a plus!
- High school diploma or GED.
Language Skills: Able to speak, read and write English and complete paperwork accurately and legibly. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Understanding of cash handling operations required.
Computer Skills: Familiarity with computer data entry is preferred. Chameleon experience is a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: N/A
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: Access to reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: There will be exposure to dust, heat, cold and temperature changes; occasional wet floors, and animal noises, odors and dander. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.