Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Specialist III - Part Time
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Are you looking for a career where you are able to make an impact right in your own community? We have a great opportunity for you to join our Family Preservation team in Yavapai County as a part time Family Support Specialist III. As a Family Support Specialist III with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to work together with the Team Lead to provide short term, time limited therapeutic and support services that enhance family functioning. The focus is to improve the safety and well-being of families, reduce risk factors, increase protective factors, increase competence in parenting abilities, foster a sense of self-reliance and stabilize families.
The ideal applicant should have experience with or be comfortable working in families' homes, have knowledge of community resources and be competent in skills training. They also must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
Family Preservation services preserve and/or reunify the family through a continuum of family-centered services that are comprehensive, coordinated, community-based and culturally responsive. Services are primarily provided in a family’s home or in the child’s current or transitional placement. Family Preservation staff members aim to instill hope in the family, convey that change is possible and that families can gain control over their circumstances. They empower families to organize themselves to achieve their goals, teach families to use community resources more effectively and help families view challenges and crises as opportunities for growth and change.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conduct a thorough client/family strengths and needs assessment utilizing the program specific protocol.
* Collaborate with the client/family through face-to-face interactions to build trust, evaluate safety, encourage hope and ensure ongoing engagement in services.
* Support the development and implementation of effective family centered behavior management techniques using a strength based trauma informed approach.
* Maintain objective, timely progress notes that reflect the service provided and client/family effort toward goals.
* Provide effective trauma informed crisis management by triage and stabilizing emergency situations.
* Effectively use de-escalation techniques, respond to the needs of a client/family in a timely manner and provide follow-up care.
* Provides or arranges for transportation of clients to medically necessary appointments as appropriate.
* Provide effective client discharge planning, including helping the family plan and prepare for aftercare services.
* Conduct trauma informed educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
* Provides consultation/support, training and technical assistance to other staff/colleagues (problem solving in service provision, billing appropriately for services, handling difficult situations, etc).
* Identifies needs, and system barriers to treatment and recommend continuous improvement measures
* Be available outside of normal business hours to provide client services.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer