Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical & Client Records Specialist
at Arizona's Children Association
Would you like to have a rewarding career at a statewide non-profit making a difference right in your own community? Do you have experience in Medical Records and want to positively impact the lives of children and their families? We are looking for a Medical and Client Records Specialist to join our team in Phoenix! As a Medical and Client Records Specialist with Arizona's Children Association you will have the opportunity to participate in opening, transferring, closing, filing/scanning, tracking and maintaining the agency’s medical and child welfare records including assistance with their storage, disclosure, retention and destruction. You would also assist in completion of subpoenas for record requests and releases of information for the agency in accordance with the law.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Eligibility for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans the first of the month following 30 days of employment
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
* Opens and closes client records upon admission, transfer and discharge.
* Enters client information into computer and maintains electronic and/or hard copy files.
* Retrieves open and closed medical and client records as needed.
* Ensures system for tracking open and closed client records is being properly used.
* Analyzes submitted documents and forms for completeness and accuracy.
* Ensures all required documents are filed in the correct categories in medical and client records (electronic and hard copy).
* Processes, sends and logs disclosures and subpoenas for records in accordance with all laws, regulations, contracts, and agency policies and procedures.
* Generates and distributes reports from the electronic system.
* Prepares records for archiving and storage in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
* Provides services as various locations as assigned - which may require travel to facilities throughout the state to assist with record storage, archiving, destruction, filing, and correction.
* High school or equivalent required.
* Minimum 1 year experience in medical/client records department or agency that is involved with client records.
* Or, Equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
* An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer