Arizona's Children Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona's Children Association
Do you want to positively impact the lives of children and their families? Do you want to be part of ensuring that every Arizona family has the resources and support needed to be safe, strong, and resilient? We are seeking a Parent Educator to join the team in our Central Phoenix location! As a Parent Educator you will have the opportunity to utilize evidence-informed and evidence-based program models to teach healthy parenting techniques to caregivers, expecting parents and families with children 0-5. In this position, you would be supporting the First Things First Southwest Region. This expansive region includes: Avondale, Buckeye, Gila Bend, Goodyear, Litchfield Park, Tolleson and Tonopah. **Bilingual preferred**
Who We Are:
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
At Arizona's Children Association, our employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- Eligibility for Medical, Dental, and Vision plans the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement and Discounts
Find your passion. Join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborates with community partners to schedule services at locations familiar and accessible for caregivers/parents of young children.
- Accepts referrals, promotes registrations, and initiates contact with families as needed to begin service delivery within agency guidelines.
- Conducts, plans/prepares parenting workshops and/or home visits at times that are convenient for the family/caregiver, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Provides case management at a level of intensity that meets the specific needs of each caregiver/family and the requirements of the program model.
- Provides parenting/life skills information and guidance that meets the needs of each caregiver/family.
- Facilitates referrals to community resources/services.
- Plans and provides for program activities, such as Group Connections for families at least once a month.
- Ensures fidelity to First Things First Standards (FTF) of Practice, as well as additional program standards.
- Participates in program development activities, including community outreach and recruitment.
- Assists with childcare as needed during group parenting workshops.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of related experience OR a Master’s degree with less than 2 years of related experience
- Maintain current program qualifications and/or certifications as a parent educator, by completing the required professional development trainings and hours for years of service.
Minimum Qualification & Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position. An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to “perform safely” the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer