Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
UX Research Manager
at Art Van Furniture
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Do you dream of leading and growing with a company that is committed to being on the cutting edge of technology? Then look no further; Art Van Furniture, the Mid-West’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking a UX Research Manager in the Digital Commerce department.
You may be asking yourself, what competencies would we be looking for in a UX Research Manager? Well, we are glad you asked! In this position, directly reporting to the Director, Site Lead of Digital Commerce, you will be responsible for planning & developing best-in-class consumer experiences across platforms and multi-modal interfaces. You will work closely with product management, UX teams to see projects from early stage concepts through to launch. The ideal candidate for this position is a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into fantastic customer-focused solutions. You should be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. This position will be roughly 65% strategy and 35% design. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with UX & Product team to create visual artifacts in service of some aspect of an experience (mapping - ecosystem, journey, touchpoint, experience, affinity, service blueprint; exploring customers - personas, scenarios, empathy maps, interview findings, ethnographic coding, mental models)
- Develop interview guides, research protocols, and other planning documentation
- Create and present recommendations based on the research and strategic work of the team
- Conduct user/participant/customer interviews both one-on-one and in focus groups
- Assist with UX/CX audits and assessments
- Have experience with or be interested in learning to lead workshops, co-creation activities, brainstorms as needed
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Care, Delivery, Store Operations, IT, Merchandising, and other teams on awareness, execution, deployment and training of CX programs
Skill / Requirements
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Design, Business Administration or similar area, or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of relevant work experience (more is a plus) in customer experience work including the following: Experience with VOC tools like Qualtrics, Foresee, Medallia.
- Demonstrated experience in working with partners, designers and developers to create, present and explain visual artifacts
- Strong visualization skills with the ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally
- Preparing and conducting research (usability and generative)
- UX background/understanding a plus
- Emphatic and able to advocate for users/customers
- A deep thinking problem solver
- Efficient time manager and able to reprioritize as necessary
- Able to be flexible and tolerate ambiguity while still operating effectively
Art Van offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. Interested applicants can apply on-line on our website at: jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zbH9Ynfp0Q&feature=youtu.be.