Ascent Aviation Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Production Control Administrator
at Ascent Aviation Services
Ascent Aviation Services is one of the largest aviation maintenance, repair, overhaul, storage and reclamation operations in the world. Our strength comes from our talented and professional employees who excel through teamwork and enthusiasm. Ascent Aviation Services continues to grow and are continually looking for motivated and career minded aviation professionals who will support our vision and goals.
To enter data from various source documents into the computer system for processing and data management purposes.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time. Requires frequent walking, bending, stooping, squatting, and reaching to above shoulder level. Requires occasional climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 20 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Telephone, computer terminal, printer, copy machine, 10-key.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, Production Control Booth.
Protective Equipment Required: Ear protection.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, changes in temperature, materials identified on Safety Data Sheets, working around moving machinery.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare, compile and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Print information when required
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Maintain own office equipment and stationery supplies
Marginal Job Functions:
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Decision making skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will participate in and support safety initiatives, safe work practices and SMS compliance.
- Will participate in safety activities including the following: immediately reporting hazards, unsafe work practices and accidents/injuries.
- Will follow all safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance and equipment operation requirements.
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to work with or without supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: One-year data entry experience preferred. Formal computer training an advantage, proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office, accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed, knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation, knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
Certificates/Licenses: Current valid Arizona drivers license with clear driving record for past three years required.
Other: May be required to work at both Marana, AZ and Tucson, AZ locations as business needs dictate.
Ascent Aviation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.