BASIS Educational Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Leadership Development Program
at BASIS Educational Group
BASIS.ed manages a network of world-ranked public charter schools in Arizona, Texas, Louisiana and Washington, D.C. BASIS Charter Schools are recognized not only for students’ exceptional preparation in math and science but also for their exposure to a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum. We strive to run the best schools in the known universe! We’re all nerdy and we think it’s cool.
Our Leadership Development Program allows recent graduates and change-makers to follow a non-traditional path into education. Program participants work through rotations at school sites with progressive responsibility and in preparation for leadership opportunities as either Heads of School or Heads of Operations at current or future schools.
We believe that:
- Children can achieve more than they have commonly been told. With hard work, dedication, and the support of teachers and parents, third graders can think critically, sixth graders can learn physics, and high school students can read critical theory and philosophy.
- Instructional time is precious. Every minute of every class should be meaningful.
- Mastering the basics is the precondition for going beyond them. Students learn to listen for the music of Shakespeare’s iambic pentameter and to decipher crucial details in an historical primary source, but they must also be able to parse the grammar of a sentence and craft concise and persuasive prose.
- Homework, as long as it is an extension of what is learned in the classroom, is valuable. Practice helps students achieve mastery.
- High-stakes, summative tests that assess content mastery and learning skills (BASIS Curriculum Comprehensive Exams and the College Board Advanced Placement Exams, for example) are foundational for learning.
- The evaluation of teacher performance must be based both on classroom instruction and on student learning results of high-stakes assessments.
What does this program offer?
This program is intentional about identifying and developing competencies needed for leadership that are naturally part of particular rotations. During your time in the program, your supervisor will work with you to identify specific activities and objectives to address specific areas of development. Completion of these objectives will be evaluated during regular meetings with your school-site leaders and members of the BASIS.ed management team.
Successful completion of the program will consist of your ability to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to be a successful school leader. Participation in this program is an investment in personal development. The program is highly selective and fast-paced, great for dynamic participants who quickly want to learn how to run a school.
- Strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS.ed mission and model
- Dedication to learning and developing the BASIS.ed culture on campus
- Comfort and excitement working in a start-up environment
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintain high standards
- Exemplary organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities; ability to work under pressure
- Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors required, Masters preferred
- A background in education is not required.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
NOTE: All employees of BASIS.ed are required to obtain and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.