Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager-Home Center - Sacramento (70968)
at Capital Lumber
At Capital, we have over 70 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently looking for an Account Manager for our Home Center Accounts at our Sacramento Branch reporting directly to our Sales Manager. The position will serve customers by selling products and meeting customer needs. Responsible for selling products, fielding questions, and resolving customer complaints. Services existing accounts and establishes new accounts. Gives sales presentations, submits orders, and submits activity and results reports to superiors. Some of the key essential functions are:
- Sell/market Company products and services
- Quote and negotiate product prices on behalf of the Company to customers, using independent judgment and discretion based on knowledge of current market conditions and other factors
- Attention spent on building, maintaining and fostering Home Center relationships at the store level as well as district level
- Participate in Home Center events to promote Capital and our products
- Receive customer questions, concerns and complaints and exercise judgment and discretion to resolve them on behalf of the Company
- Collect and disperse information relevant to the customer’s and company’s needs and use that information to provide superior customer service
- Continually analyze customer base and manage according to the best return on time invested
- Actively participate in strategic planning and annual budgeting by account
- Complete training courses, classes and seminars as assigned
- Maintain on-going product knowledge meetings for your customers
- Perform product maintenance through cycle counts as necessary for specialty item inventory
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by your supervisor and be flexible and adaptable to changes that will occur during the course of employment
- Minimum of an Associates degree from an accredited academic institution or commensurate industry experience
- Knowledge of the industry or related industry, the Company and the products and services provided
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate, stimulate and motivate others
- Ability to drive and be accountable for results in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and have multiple projects going simultaneously
- Strong follow-up is necessary on tasks to ensure proper results
- Detail-oriented with ability to handle details quickly, correctly and efficiently
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. We create and preserve a safe work environment, know and obey the rules of our business and strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and vacation time.