Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IV Pharmacy Technician
at CAPS Pharmacy
IV Pharmacy Technician
- Requisition ID
- Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation’s largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.
CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
The individaual prepares compounded sterile products and performs related activities under the direction of a pharmacist.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Prepares compounded sterile products using aseptic technique.
- Assists in the set up of the compounding room, equipment, and supplies for preparation of compounded sterile solutions, using aseptic technique.
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance duties as directed.
- Participates in cleanroom product introduction activities.
- Prepares records and monitors results for pharmaceutical quality assurance testing.
- Participates in and delivers training as required by supervisor
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of IV products and compounding procedures.
- Knowledge of proper gowning procedure and aseptic technique.
- General knowledge of USP 797 and cGMP’s.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ability to apply basic phone etiquette skills when speaking to customers.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technician registration where required.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification and certificate from accredited school in states where required.
- Minimum of one year experience in aseptic preparation of compounded sterile products.
- Effective communication skills.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Maintains customer relationships.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, grasp, stoop, pull and perform repetitive motion procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoors, cleanroom, working environment limited to a small area, wearing protective cleanroom attire, tolerating controlled temperatures and loud noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled