Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for a 2nd shift industrial Electronic Technician at our Russellville, KY plant. The electronic technician is responsible for the electronic and computer components of all plant production equipment installed, repaired, and maintained to assure the machinery is operating at an optimum production level necessary to manufacture product(s) for internal and external customers on a timely basis.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining best in class quality standards. The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with the department lead person, supervisor and/or manager, as well as other members of management and employees in the department to make sure all scheduled and unscheduled repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Respond to all line calls as assigned and/or as needs arise.
- Debug and troubleshoot electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Run conduit and/or initiate new electrical circuits.
- Perform preventative maintenance as well as tearing down and rebuilding machinery/equipment.
- Evaluate and report conditions that may be unsafe or affect efficient operation of machinery, equipment and building systems.
- Operate forklifts, clamp-lifts, genie boom, scissor lifts and other machinery as needed.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics, equipment diagrams, complex drawings and manuals.
Possess a strong electrical/electronic background with a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a directly related field and/or the educational equivalent. The successful candidate will be highly proficient in some or all of the following:
- 24VDC, 12-VAC control circuits
- Various types of sensors (PE's, Prox's, Encoders, etc.)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (AB 500 and 5000 series, Siemens S7)
- Relay controls
- Reading of electrical schematics (US and Euro)
- NEC Code, rules and regulations
- Strong PC skills (Windows OS, Word, Excel)
- PC networking (Ethernet)
No phone call or agencies please.
Carpenter Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Drug testing required.