Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co. has an immediate opening for Fabricator in our Maintenance Department at our Elkhart, IN manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for building, designing, and engineering improvements to machinery, equipment, delivery systems, support systems, & building that are essential to the manufacturing of product(s) for internal and external customers.
Carpenter Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to be in constant communication with department managers, maintenance planner and manager to coordinate production schedules. Works in a normal maintenance and manufacturing environment with exposure to temperature changes. Major challenges include working independently on very involved and complex jobs and the timeliness of the job completion to keep down time to a minimum and working with little or no supervision. Must possess a required variety of personally owned industrial hand tools.
Additional responsibilities of the position will include:
- Must have the ability to understand all equipment in the plant.
- Must be able to interpret and use complicated drawings, using shop math, and handbook formulas.
- Must have the ability to cut and weld steel, braze, solder, fabricate machinery and parts, basic plumbing and electrical skills.
- Must have the ability to be on call and report for work with little prior notice on weekends, holidays, and any hour of the day or night insuring there is the least amount of downtime as possible.
- Must have the ability to recognize mechanical problems with equipment and fine solutions to correct equipment to make it more efficient.
- Must be able to trouble shoot problem quickly and come up with solutions.
- Must have the ability to fabricate any mechanical assembly and install on equipment and make it operational..
- Must be very knowledgeable of the purchase order system and the parts needed to keep plant machinery operating.
- Must be a certified forklift, and know how to operate genie boom, and scissor lift.
- Must be able to work with production and operator to solve issues with the operation and improvement of production equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skill / Requirements
Major duties and responsibilities of the job can be satisfactorily performed with a high school education or GED plus at least two (2) to three (3) years of specialty or technical training.
This position requires at least five (5) to eight (8) years of manufacturing maintenance experience. Some on the job training is available for specialized equipment maintenance. Must be able to read a tape measure. Basic reading, writing, and math skills are required. Must have the ability to work with computer systems. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions. Must be able to earn a Forklift Certification from Carpenter Co.
Carpenter Co conducts pre-employment drug testing on all applicants that receive a written offer of employment.
Carpenter Co. offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent health insurance, generous profit sharing plan, and much more. We offer long-term career opportunities for our employees in a stable industry and clean working environment. We also offer tuition reimbursement to our employees after 1 year of service. Our Elkhart Branch employees average over 10 years of service with the company, and we'd like for you to join us! To learn more, check us out at www.carpenter.com.
1st Shift Hours: Typically 6am - 2:30pm