Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - Early Childhood Education (Part-Time)
at Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Denver
Catholic Charities is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant for our Early Childhood Education Programs in Denver, CO.
Provides administrative support in the daily operations of the ECE Division. Provides administrative assistance and support to the ECE Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promptly and professionally answers all incoming calls and makes appropriate connections. Takes and relays message as necessary.
- Orders equipment and supplies for the centers and the ECE Division as requested. Processes, and copies all invoices and submits them to Operations Manager in a timely manner.
- Assures compliance with all Catholic Charities policies and procedures, State of Colorado Licensing Regulations and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgement and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Ensures that all details of a task are completed thoroughly.
- Provides general support to the ECE Division Team through tasks such as scheduling meetings, drafting correspondence, taking minutes and preparing reports.
- Processes departmental mail; routing and/or responding as appropriate.
- Creates and maintains departmental spreadsheets and records primarily through data entry into the database(s).
- Files all forms, reports and documentation timely and in the appropriate place.
- Establishes and maintains a system to track inventory.
- Greets all clients, visitors and staff in a cordial and professional manner. Maintains a helpful, welcoming atmosphere.
- Answers basic questions about agency and our services, directions, and other information.
- Maintains a safe and clean common area for ECE Division.
- Maintains records and files as assigned.
- Supports, promotes and adheres to Catholic Charities' vision, mission, values and Code of Ethics.
- Reflects Catholic Charities' commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Uses creativity and innovation in program development and service delivery.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and agency information.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Understands and demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, EXCEL, and Publisher. Willing and able to assist other program staff in these skills, when needed.
- Ability to remain calm and to calm others in an emergency, stressful and/or confrontational situation.
- Knowledge of the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Agency staff and with a diverse client base
- Working knowledge of general office equipment including but not limited to computer, phone, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree from accredited college or university; and one to two years related administrative support experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This is a part-time position at 20 hours a week.
Experience working in a school setting or other early childhood education program helpful.
We conduct background checks as part of our hiring process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Catholic Charities makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.