Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Centers Health Care
Nursing Home Recreation Aide
Schenectady Center is seeking energetic & passionate Activities Aides for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The candidate must be able to work the day/evening shift on weekdays and every other weekend which would include one weekend-evening shift. The ideal candidate will have prior long term care experience.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- High School Diploma, Associate degree is preferred
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!
- Long term care experience preferred.
- Previous experience with geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task