Centers Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Director of Recreation - CNA
at Centers Health Care
Assistant Director of Recreation (CNA)
Topeka Center is seeking an energetic and passionate Assistant Director of Recreation for our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Topeka, KS. Must be a Certified Nursing Aide!
- Assists in planning a variety of engaging activity programs that are appropriate to the needs of residents with a focus on memory care programming
- Assists in the supervision of recreation staff/volunteers
- Assists in maintaining an active and engaging volunteer program
- Creates a monthly calendar for the memory care unit and carries out planned activities
- Utilize strong leadership skills to motivate and empower others on the memory care unit
- Documents in medical record (Participation logs, MDS assessments, care plans) as assigned
- Participates in meetings per request of the Director of Recreation
- Orders supplies as needed
- Assists in organizing community outings
- Assists in planning entertainment, parties and special events
- Transports residents to and from activity programs
- Must be a CNA
- Patience and empathy for residents who require memory care
- Strong organizational and planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and motivate others
- Strong computer skills
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!