Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Documentation Specialist Lead
at Centura Health
- SC RM CLINICAL DOC INTEG
- CORP-CENTURA HEALTH (MINERAL)
- Work Type
- FLSA Status
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Under direct supervision of the Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) Manager, this position leads the Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialist’ (CDIS) to include work assignments, quality performance and review support. The CDI Lead will function as a subject matter expert in order to facilitate and promote standardization of the CDI program across the region to ensure alignment and support in order to achieve corporate, service center and hospital goals. The CDI Lead will support education of clinical documentation specialists and members of the patient care teams, including physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and case management, regarding clinical documentation. The CDI Lead will support timely, accurate, and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting hospital and physician-based outcomes.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 1 year experience as a Clinical Documentation Improvement Professional, and 3 years clinical experience required
- Clinical experience with ICU, CCU or strong Med/Surg, preferred
- Must demonstrate Clinical competency through successfully passing Clinical Competency exam through Nuance. Must demonstrate CDI software competency through passing Clintegrity exam within 6 months of starting role
- Must demonstrate subject matter expertise, including ability to write clinically credible clarifications, identify CDI opportunity, interact with providers and meet standard CDI industry benchmarks
- Dependable, self-directed, and pleasant with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Ability to facilitate team building in a positive learning environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and computer skills
- Proficient in use of Electronic Health Record
- Experience in health information management or hospital quality program is beneficial (not required)
- ADN or Nursing Diploma required
- BSN preferred
- Current Colorado RN License required
- ACDIS- Accredited Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CDIP) preferred
- CCDS through Association of Clinical Documentation Specialists preferred
Physical Requirements - Sedentary work -(prolonged periods of sitting and exert up to 10lbs force occasionally)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health’s connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Centura Health is headquartered in Centennial, CO, with additional business office locations throughout the Denver Tech Center. The Corporate Service Center is home to our leaders and centralized teams that support our hospitals, clinics and people – including marketing, human resources, employee benefits, finance, billing, talent acquisition/development, payor relations, IT, project management, community benefit and more. Whether you work in the corporate headquarters or one of our nearby offices, you’ll experience a culture of collaboration and community where incredible people are doing incredible things every day.