Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
12 to 9pm Shift - Child Advocate Assistant (Transports Children)
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Job Summary: This position transports children to or from service providers, medical and dental appointments, school, family visits, placements, and to include other support services.
Responsibilities: Ensures the safe and timely arrival of child(ren) to appointments by:
- Planning the best suited transportation route to arrive at his or her destination on time.
- Reporting any requests that may cause a delay to the Transportation Supervisor for further direction.
- Maintaining third party notes on the behavior of the child(ren) and families he or she transports and provides this information to the transportation coordinator at the end of the shift.
- Maintaining a log of arrival and departure times for assigned destinations.
- Caring for child(ren) while they await placement or transportation, i.e., ensures they are safe, comfortable, and that they have been fed their meals.
- Updates the information system, child(ren) resource trip records, case binders and files.
- Maintains vehicles in accordance with ChildNet’s Fleet Safety Program and maintenance standards.
- Operates the vehicle safely observing all rules of the road to ensure the safety and well being of the individuals in the vehicle.
- Recognizing, respecting and responding to the unique, culturally-defined needs of others served.
Skill / Requirements
* Must possess a valid and clean Florida drivers license without any restrictions and/or citations within the last 5 years.
* Must have own reliable transportation and the ability to show proof of vehicle insurance.
* Must be available to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and on call in order to meet the needs of the children and families.
* Must have at least one (1) years or more work experience in social services field.
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office 365 Suite and strong data entry skills.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client population.
Written Communication: The ability to express one’s self clearly in business writing.
Cultural Competence: Cultivates opportunities through diverse people: respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse views, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, challenges bias and intolerance.
Personal Credibility: Demonstrated concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, and trustworthy.
Results Orientation: The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).