City of Coppell
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Service Attendant - Tennis Center
at City of Coppell
Pay: up to $11.50/hour
$11.5 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2584416
Overall Job Objective
- Basic Function
Do you have a passion for public service and providing top notch customer service? Join the team at Wagon Wheel Tennis Center with the City of Coppell. We are hiring Customer Service Attendants with superior customer service skills, positive and friendly attitude, cash handling, membership and day pass sales is required. Must ensure all customers have a positive and safe experience. The Customer Service Attendant must be able to set up and tear down equipment for events, and able to lift and carry various objects and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Overtime not allowed, hours are budget restricted, correct cash reconciliation - bonded. This is a year round part time (20 hours per week), no benefit position. The schedule will be evening and weekend hours at our Tennis Center.
- Essential Job Functions
- Count and inspect beginning cash drawer and reconcile drawer per policy.
- Open/close building.
- Set water/ice chests on courts during open, pull water/ice chests off courts for close
- Assist preparing courts for play, which includes helping remove moisture and debris
- Check bathrooms cleanliness and supplies
- Assist with scheduled programs, rentals, and activities.
- Provide general internal customer service & support to tennis center manager and tennis teaching staff as needed.
- Sell day passes, memberships, and punch passes.
- Answer phone questions and customer on site questions.
- Print membership cards.
- Assist prospective members.
- Ensure staff and customer safety.
- City of Coppell Core Competencies
- Technical CompetenciesKnowledge and ability to correctly apply professional/specialized expertise; skillfully manage information; properly use tools, equipment and technology; effectively allocate resources; proactively identify and resolve issues; consistently make sound decisions; correctly execute policy processes and procedures; strictly adhere to/enforce safety polices; consistently produce quality results; proactively plan and organize; consistently provide exceptional customer service.Human CompetenciesMotivation of Self & Others: We demonstrate a core desire to serve the Public and the Organization through our commitment, passion, initiative and drive.Leadership of Self: We motivate, inspire and influence ourselves to strive towards excellence by being positive, accountable, a team player and influential in goal achievement.Service -Oriented: We behave in a friendly and professional manner centering on a desire to address the needs of internal and external customers while respecting their rights and dignity by being people-oriented, helpful, understanding and compassionate.Trustworthy: We earn the confidence of others by demonstrating both the character and the competence to fulfill our obligations with both integrity and honesty along with ethical,credible behavior.Relational: We establish trust, cooperation, mutual respect and support with an objective to improve relationships by valuing diversityandbeing diplomatic/tactful, cooperative, empathetic, broadminded, flexible, respectful and compassionate/caring.Communication: We exchange information and ideas in a manner which results in mutually supported decisions for the greater good by sharing thoughts & feelings, and through assertiveness, empathic listening, conflict resolution and deliberating/debating.Emotional Maturity: We demonstrate the ability to manage and monitor our emotions and to assess the emotional state of others by understanding stress management, balance and consistency.Development of Self: We are committed to improving our knowledge, skills, personal qualifications and performance through self-development.Conceptual CompetenciesOrganizational Awareness: We are aware of the Organization's structure and culture for how we do business by understanding departmental impact on organization, interdepartmental relations and organizational cultureGlobal Awareness: We stay informed of issues and trends that may impact the Organization by understanding media/public relations.Community Awareness: We have a sense of the community's culture and its impact on service delivery by understanding purpose of service, citizen/stakeholder expectations and branding.Innovation: We successfully implement ideas that improve and/or add value to service delivery through creative thinking, continuous improvement and by being quality minded and a change agent.Critical Thinking: We actively and skillfully conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to reach a sound answer or conclusion by understanding issue/problem identification, analysis, consequences, and by balancing decision factors.Visioning: We understand the future direction of the Organization and understand the efforts and processes needed to achieve it by following the mission/values
- Minimum Requirements
- ExperienceA high school diploma or GED equivalent is required. Employee must be at least 18 years old. Certification of CPR/FA is preferred; it will be required upon hire. Previous customer service experience and knowledge of tennis preferred.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!