City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhances the Recreation Department image and ensures a quality visit to aquatics area.
- Ensures the safety of guests by observing swimmers at all times.
- Effectively responds to emergency situations and performs lifesaving procedures.
- Recordkeeping and assisting in cleaning the pool and surrounding area(s).
- Establishes and maintains a good public relations image with facility guests through proper communications, positive interactions and consistent enforcement of all policies and procedures.
- Disseminates and promotes Parks & Recreation program information and directs guests to proper locations.
- Resolves team or patron concerns through positive interaction, collaboration and the application of appropriate policies and procedures.
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Consistently reports to work properly outfitted/equipped as outlined in staff policies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- May be required to cross train in other areas for duties as assigned.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
Must possess the ability to react quickly and correctly in emergency situations in order to perform required lifesaving procedures. Ability to make sound judgments, exercise conflict resolution and exhibit patience when dealing with stressful and/or disciplinary situations. Ability to safely and properly use required equipment. Must possess knowledge of all rules and regulations pertaining to water safety including all authorized signals and emergency procedures. Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions and communicate in a friendly, positive and professional manner with co-workers and the general public. Must be available to work some evenings, weekend and holiday hours. Must possess proven excellent customer service skills. Minimum age requirements for all locations is 16 years of age.
Education and/or experience:
Prior lifeguarding experience preferred. Customer service training preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Current Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid certification required.
Swim beach lifeguard-Waterfront Lifeguard Certification preferred or able to obtain within 30-days of hire.
Working Environment and Required Background Checks:
Must possess the physical stamina and ability to react and respond quickly and effectively to emergency situations by utilizing strong swimming skills and performing the necessary lifesaving procedures. In a public pool environment, may be exposed to noisy, distracting and stressful situations. Requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, moving and positioning objects up to 50 pounds. Must be available to work some evenings, weekend and holiday hours. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Material and equipment directly used:
Rescue equipment, water chemistry test kits, pool mechanical systems, two-way radios
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen