City of Loveland
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Loveland
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Enhances Loveland Park & Recreation image and ensures a quality visit for guests by assisting in the implementation of lesson plans, teaching and supervision of guests enrolled in the swim program.
- Complete required in-house swim aide training, attend swim instructor trainings to stay current on teaching methods as appropriate.
- Handle emergencies according to standard procedure.
- Inspect classroom/program environment and equipment to ensure safety.
- Complete administrative tasks such as attendance sheets and class evaluations.
- Disseminate and promote Parks and Recreation program information; educate users of potential opportunities and services available.
- Directs public to proper locations; provides general facility use instructions; enforces facility policy and procedure by informing guests of existing policies.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains order in classes to ensure a safe environment and promote a learning atmosphere.
- May be required to cross train into other areas for duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively and diplomatically with guests, co-workers and facility management team. Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making in handling difficult situations involving facility guests. Must be able to follow written and verbal direction. Must possess the ability to make sound judgments, exercise conflict resolution, and exhibit patience when dealing with stressful situations. Must demonstrate exceptional swimming skills and be able to impart those skills to class members. Must be at least 14 years of age.
Education and/or experience:
Customer service experience or training preferred. Prior experience in high level swimming classes and demonstrated ability in a variety of swim strokes preferred.
Licensure and/or certifications:
Current CPR & First Aid required or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire date. Possession of Swim Instructor Aide class certification highly desirable.
Must have the ability to react quickly and correctly in emergency situations and will be required to perform the necessary lifesaving procedures. Responsible for ensuring the safety of all participants in their aquatics classes by safe and proper usage of equipment. Will be required to bend, push, pull, stoop, kneel, move and position (up to 50 pounds) to perform the essential functions of the job. Must be available to work some evenings, weekend and holiday hours. Must be at least 14 years of age.
Material and equipment directly used:
Teaching props such as kickboards, diving rings, life jackets, etc.
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
All offers are conditional upon a satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen.