Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
A Company That Strives to Improve Outcomes
Providing unique services that go above and beyond to protect and support our clients in the delivery of healthcare, is who we are. We stand apart from other medical liability insurance companies by providing services that leverage data analytics to reduce risks, and though leadership articles, blogs, white papers, and educational materials to improve patient outcomes. We dont settle for business as usual, and we strive to be leaders in the evolving healthcare market. Our core product may be trusted insurance, but we package and deliver it with so much more. If you are ready to contribute to a company that is taking its industry by storm and making a difference in healthcare, Coverys is for you.
The Payroll Administrator will be responsible for inputting and processing bi-weekly payroll for multiple companies, while ensuring a high degree of confidentiality as well as the accuracy, integrity and timeliness. Additionally, this position will support the maintenance and integrity of the HCM system, will produce human capital metrics, and make recommendations for the improvement of processes and data collection. This role will interface with all levels of employees and management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Compile, verify and enter all payroll & HCM data into system for multiple companies and multiple states.
- Review calculated wages, exemptions, insurance coverages, deductions, garnishments and adjustments and correct errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Set up new states for payroll taxes and set up and maintain all payroll codes.
- Prepare periodic reports of payroll, HCM data and labor statistics as required and comprehensive metric reports to management.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of payroll system changes including enhancements, modifications, and upgrades, and assist in the evaluation of service providers to ensure service quality and effective outsourcing relationships.
- Insure that data feeds, both external and internal are completed accurately and timely.
- Review and ensures the mapping of 401K contributions and ER match in payroll system.
- Remain current on all payroll related trends, specifically government reporting and changes in federal, state and local tax regulations.
- Respond to employment verifications and processes unemployment claims.
- Maintain time and attendance system.
- Respond to state agency inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining the records for payroll and personnel file data in the companys electronic records system.
- Provides ad hoc reports, i.e. financial and operational
- File quarterly workers compensation reports for monopolistic states and maintain proper records of filings.
- Ensure the HCM system remains up to date for policy and regulation changes.
- Researches and makes recommendations for HCM utilization, develops workflows, and troubleshoots issues.
- Supports annual audits of 401(k), defined benefit plans, workers compensation, Internal Controls and other audit requests.
- Respond to inquiries of policies and procedures. Assist employees in payroll issue resolution and supports the open enrollment process.
- Reconciles payroll to retirement plan election and contribution reports.
Skill / Requirements
- College degree preferred, plus -1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multi state payroll experience a plus. Experience with both ADP Workforce Now and/or Workday preferred.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Customer service focus and ability to support and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with Human Resource systems; Payroll systems; and Microsoft Suite products including Excel, Word, and SharePoint (preferred). .
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated. This position has structured deadlines that must be consistently met.
Coverys is an equal-opportunity employer. Coverys job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.