Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Mesa, AZ
Responsible for the management, administration, and development of bridge, supportive and affordable housing program resources for participants with serious mental illness, general mental health and substance abuse served within the Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA) system and residing in Maricopa County. The Housing Coordinator will represent CPLC participating in various committees and coalitions relating to Ending Homelessness; lead steering committee meetings for CPLC Health, and oversee housing concerns and issues for our organization.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology
- Minimum of 1 year training in Supported Housing and development.
- Experience: 2-5 years SMI behavioral health managed care experience. Significant experience in progressive network management and development and/or 3-5 Years in RBHA system or similar, Community Based Residential Programs, etc.
- Responsible for communication, coordination and linkages regarding bridge, supportive and affordable housing programs externally and internally with CPLC Health staff.
- Provide oversight of housing reports (statistical performance outcomes and status) for CPLC Health, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and ADHS/DBHS through a performance outcomes based model; the production of housing units geared to the needs of the population (i.e. housing first permanent housing stock) and statistical longevity of participants residing in permanent housing.
- Provide oversight to: maintain various housing related databases; management of Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) properties including monthly inspections and maintenance, handle eviction prevention efforts, coordinate housing and referral issues with RBHA Housing and IT staff to meet HUD service match and leverage deliverables,
- Advocate for the needs and developing affordable housing resources for participants with mental health disorders and co-occurring substance abuse issues.
- Be an active leader and participant with community groups, advocates, and funding sources such as: the SAMHSA, Arizona Mental Health Association, Arizona Coalition to End Homelessness, ADHS/DBHS Statewide Behavioral Health Planning Council including the Consumer's Advisory Council, the Arizona Department of Housing, Maricopa Association of Governments (local homeless community planning process entity), and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule
- Monthly Deliverables include: Homeless HousingSpread Sheet, Supported Housing Report, Residential Services Report with Step Down plans. Scattered Site applications and outcomes.
- Transition Plans for each person in Community Placement or Residential
- Accounting for all individuals who are currently placed in Home Inc or ABC Subsidized Apartments.
- Development of Monthly Reports to ensure all individuals who are Homeless have applied for Supported Housing and are in the process of obtaining a safe living environment, based on the needs of the client.
- Attend staffings as requested to ensure adherence to treatment plans for individuals in Independent or Semi Independent Settings.
- Oversight of ACT Housing transitions and ensure the Supported Housing and Housing First Objectives are met.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Ability to travel statewide as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the IHHS Administrator or designee. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.