Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: 1046 E. Buckeye Rd. Phoenix, AZ 85034
The Human Resources Generalist provides support and demonstrates knowledge in functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to recruitment & staffing, employee relations, performance management, training & development, and compensation.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse employee populations including functional client groups
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Federal and State Employment Law.
- PC proficiency with various software including MS Office, Access databases, and compensation specific programs
- Ability to conceive new approaches, streamline processes, and create customer interactions
- Strong time management, project skills, and ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to apply proactive management principles with sound judgment and influence
- Ability to recognize and solve problems without direct supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, reading, and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ECD programs preferred
- BA/BS in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field; plus
- 5-7 years of relevant human resources experience. 2-3 years in a generalist role or equivalent combination of education and experience for which job expectations can be met.
- Exceptional communication, organizational, time management, and people solving skills and a thorough understanding of state and federal employment laws are a must.
- Experience in compensation preferred
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish/English desired
- Oversees the implementation and execution of Human Resources policy and procedures for multiple departments and/or functional groups
- Provides generalist support by absorbing project support for backup support for activity within the department which includes employee counseling, policy clarification, recruiting, exit interviews, training & development and benefit administration
- Seeks and designs process improvements utilizing technological solutions
- Assists in the fostering and administration of Diversity and Inclusion and Employment Opportunity programs
- Provides ongoing career development assistance to employees through counseling and training programs
- Assists in compensation matters including job evaluations, job description creation and review, and ensures competitive internal/external position by conducting and analyzing pay data
- Partners with Leadership team to recommend salary ranges, adjustments, structures and revisions to pay practices and policies as needed
- Coaching for leadership on performance management, behavioral issues, corrective actions, policy interpretations, terminations to minimize legal exposure.
- Ensure employment actions are appropriately documented and consistent with policies and laws.
- Assists with legal responses (EEOC/Unemployment) to minimize unfavorable determinations and related expenses when applicable
- Assist with career pathing, succession planning, department reorganization and department structural decisions as needed
- Facilitates and mediates interventions, assimilation's and conflict resolution
- Provides support for HR leadership when needed and other duties as needed.
Ability to travel in and out of state as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Able to present operational information to personnel at all levels. Able to identify and recruit potential funding sources.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.