Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Special Education Teacher - $2,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
at Devereux Arizona
- Requisition ID
- Position Type
$2,000 Sign-on Bonus!!
Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining the Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Team!
Being a Special Education Teacher at Devereux has its advantages!
As a Teacher, you will work with other dedicated education professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Assignment of a teacher’s assistant to your classroom to help maintain the physical, emotional well-being and safety of all students
- Free Teaching Seminars
- A fun, fast-paced and supportive environment
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits
- Tuition assistance and Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
- Paid time off and sick time
- Year round opportunity (including summers)
- Day Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30am-3:30pm
Our classroom structure is designed to match students’ needs. Through an interdisciplinary approach, an individual plan is designed for each student. You will plan and implement therapeutic instructional programs for students diagnosed as learning disabled, multiply handicapped, autistic, or emotionally handicapped, under the direct supervision of the Director of Educational Services.
Located on a beautiful 10-acre campus in the heart of Scottsdale, Devereux Arizona’s 24-hour RTC and Therapeutic School, has the capacity to serve 48 children. The RTC is a safe and supportive environment that provides youth, from the ages of five to 17, who are experiencing emotional, behavioral or substance abuse challenges. We also provide an on-site accredited K-12 therapeutic school, which offers an academic curriculum while students receive intensive behavioral and emotional support.
Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org
Keywords: Teacher, Special Education Teacher, Day School, SPED, Alternative School, School Teacher, Learning, Classroom, K-12, Therapeutic School
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Cross-Categorical Special Education certification or AZ Emotional Disability Special Education certification
- One (1) year experience teaching in a Special Education classroom preferred
- Understanding of learning theories related to working with multiple handicapped individuals required
- Valid Arizona Driver's License Or Identification
- Pre-employment Physical and Physical Abilities Test (if applicable)
- Ability to attend Full Time, paid New Hire Orientation Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate Servant Leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework. This is integrated into the delivery of quality programming for the individuals we serve, their families, and other stakeholders, as well as the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead. As a member of our team, you will support our commitment to cultural diversity and equity across all programs and services, and within all policies and employee practices.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Eligible employees are eligible to start benefits after 30 days of employment. In addition, we offer;
- Medical (including telemedicine via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, and mental health services.
- Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance.
- Generous time-off, 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
- Employee assistance / work-life balance program.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE