Diocese of Tucson
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Diocese of Tucson
Pay: $17 to $18/hour
Salary commensurate with experience and educational achievement
Job Status: Full Time
Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School
Job Description ???????????
Job Title:??School Nurse ?????? ??????????????????????? ??? ???????? Exemption Status:? Non-Exempt ?
Department/Location: Saints Peter and Paul Catholic School, Tucson, AZ. ?
Position Summary:? Under the direction of the School Principal, the School Nurse is responsible for supporting the school in identifying and assessing students' health needs and record-keeping as well as reviewing current policies, procedures, and guidelines related to student health care, safety, and crisis management in accordance with existing laws and diocesan requirements. ?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and support the unique Catholic Mission of the?diocese by speaking, acting, and instructing consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church: a?health and safety officer may not espouse any doctrine inconsistent with the teachings of the Church.??
- Shall abide by Catholic principles in the nurse’s professional and private life, and shall govern his/her professional and private life in strict accordance with Catholic morals and principles to demonstrate complete adherence to Catholic moral structures.
- Monitor the compliance of the school regarding the school health and safety policies and procedures set by the diocese and Arizona Department of Health
- Monitor compliance with school health and safety?policies and procedures set by the diocese and AZ Dept. of Health
- Provide health care consultation, resources, and referrals to parents and staff
- Collaborate with?the?Student Intervention Team process?at individual schools as appropriate, providing?assistance through?health care?resource identification, parent meetings and/or telephonic communications; provide other teacher identified areas of support.
- Oversee and assist with the implementation of the Diocesan coordinated school health program; compile data as necessary
- Monitor and ensure compliance with Federal, State, County, and Diocesan health regulations
- Monitor school health records and wellness data and compliance reports
- Monitor and support crisis management in schools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Physical/Mental Requirements:? Requires coordination and manual dexterity, normal mental and visual ability; ability to lift as required in a normal office environment.? ?
Required Activities:? Walking; sitting; standing; stooping; reaching; talking; handling; hearing; carrying; and keyboarding.? ?
- A working knowledge of, and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church; must also be a practicing Roman Catholic in full communion with the Church
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be able to travel, and be available for evening and weekend work as necessary; have reliable transportation; have a valid Arizona Driver’s License
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing and the use of excel and related technology; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of School health records, reports and documentation requirements
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance ?
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited institution and experience overseeing compliance with school health requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Arizona Registered Nurse License
- Experience with implementation of the coordinated school health model in the Catholic schools
- Experience in presenting health related topics in a clear, organized manner
To apply: https://www.diocesetucson.org/human-resources/employment-opportunities/