EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tool Shop Supervisor
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
As a Tooling Shop Supervisor at Eagle Picher, you will be the area owner and technical SME for all equipment and personnel supervision. Your primary responsibility will be ensuring parts and tooling used in development and production are manufactured safely and efficiently to meet the mission-critical quality standards our Defense customers demand. Passion for customer-oriented rapid tool creation & part prototyping a must.
- Own entire machining and prototype equipment life cycles.
- Work in 3D model space to design, detail and consult in development and production parts and tools.
- Create and maintain process work instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Successfully supervise, mentor, and train personnel in tooling & prototyping vocation.
- Team with internal engineer customers in troubleshooting and solving tooling related issues.
- Support failure investigations to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Review new product designs for manufacturability and provide input to design team.
- Associates Degree in Manufacturing, Tool & Die
- At least 15 years in tooling and prototyping shop experience.
- At least 5 years in supervisory experience training and developing toolmakers.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with understanding of dimensioning and tolerance analysis.
- Self-directed team leader with passion for mentoring and developing people.
- Detail oriented with an analytical and structured approach to problem solving.
- Experienced and knowledgeable with automated assembly equipment.
- Experienced designing, documenting, and making molds, fixtures, and specialty tools.
- Technical writing experience.
- Experience managing PO’s and SOW’s.
- Solid Modeling 3D CAD design software experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software.
- Well written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a passion for process improvement.
- 3D printing experience and maintenance.
- Experience heat treating of tool steels.
- US Citizen or permanent resident.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements, the most successful candidate will also have:
- Battery industry experience (especially energetic devices).
- Experience with powder metal processing (powder feeding, pellet pressing/consolidation, etc.).
- Experience with high precision presses, tooling and dies.
- Experience with statistical data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Project management experience.
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States. Battery technologies include lithium ion, thermal, silver zinc, lithium carbon monofluoride, lithium thionyl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, and reserve lithium oxyhalide. EaglePicher also provides custom battery assemblies, battery management systems, pyrotechnic devices, and other power solutions. EaglePicher Technologies is headquartered in Joplin, MO. and is ISO9001:2008, ISO 13485, and AS9100C certified. For more information, visit www.eaglepicher.com.
PERKS OF BEING AN EAGLEPICHER EMPLOYEE
Some of the great things about being an EaglePicher employee include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance;
- 10 paid holidays and PTO;
- Matching 401K;
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Dependent scholarship programs.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.