Eastern Plumas Health Care
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeper, Per Diem
at Eastern Plumas Health Care
Eastern Plumas Health Care is a small, non-profit, critical access hospital district, providing comprehensive medical services to Plumas County since 1971. We operate a 9 bed acute care hospital at our main Portola campus, which includes a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. In addition, four primary care medical clinics and a dental clinic offer residents a full spectrum of health care services in the Graeagle, Loyalton, and Portola communities. There are also hospital-based Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton.
The Housekeeper cleans and services patient room, shower rooms, bathrooms, patient lobby, admitting and offices; cleans, mops and dusts furniture and equipment; cleans window sills; empties trash; arranges furniture in an orderly fashion; scours showers, sinks, mirrors; replenishes supplies of soap, paper products and towels; polishes and cleans doors and windows; receives supplies from receiving dock and places it in storage cupboards. Bags up soiled laundry and places it in laundry bins for the commercial laundry service. The Housekeeper performs a variety of duties to keep the hospital in a clean, neat and sanitary condition in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Cleans/disinfects patient, employee and public restrooms appropriately.
- Mops floors of assigned areas in accordance with standard procedure.
- Cleans/disinfects patient rooms appropriately.
- Properly uses fluid/water extractor.
- Transports, stores and/or disposes of bio-hazardous waste and sharp containers properly.
- Replaces sharp containers when 3/4 full according to hospital guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper color liners to use when patient is on isolation.
- Picks-up and disposes of trash on a routine basis.
- Labels all chemical containers and spray bottles properly and stores them safely when not in used.
- Removes adhesives/tapes left on patient furniture or equipment (TV, bedside tables, IV poles, etc.) and properly cleans/disinfects patient furniture.
- Maintains and replaces paper goods (seat covers, toilet paper & paper towel) and hand sanitizers along with hand soap on all areas.
- Organizes and cleans assigned housekeeping cart
- Maintains cleanliness and appropriate inventory level of housekeeping storage closet.
- Keeps mop bucket and/or container clean.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- The housekeeper should have the ability to read and write and be able to follow simple verbal instructions.
- Six months experience with similar work experience preferred, but not essential.
- Must know how to use common household cleaning devices such as brooms, mops, rags etc. to keep areas clean and well serviced.
- Must be alert to hazards.
- Must become familiar with MSDS sheets.
- Must have rudimentary understanding of Title 8 Life Safety regulations as it relates to environmental services.
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES/EQUIPMENT OPERATED:
- Repetitive bending, frequently stand, walk, push, and pull equipment and furnishings reach with hands arms, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and push at least 50 pounds (on wheels)
- Occasional ladder climbing
- Mops, brooms, microfiber cloths, chemicals, dust rags etc.