Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse - Bloomington
at Elder's Journey
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Elder's Journey has opening's for LPN's to join the team caring for elderly/disabled clients in the privacy of their own home. Full-time and part-time positions, medical benefits package, vacation, PTO, and a one time sign-on bonus.
Provides services to clients in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act, Agency policy, and accepted professional standards of practice.
The Registered Nurse provides nursing services utilizing a comprehensive base of nursing theory and nursing process, and communicates/documents observations and assessments.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state(s) of employment.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in an acute care setting or equivalent experience.
- CPR certified.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state and/or Agency requirements and in good repair. Has a good driving record.
Essential Functions/Areas of Accountability
- Provides professional nursing care as defined in the nurse practice act and under the direction of a Registered Nurse. Communicates appropriate status/condition changes to the RN per agency guidelines.
- Provides skilled nursing visits for clients as directed by the RN Case Manager. Follows the care plan established by the Registered Nurse.
- Recognizes and reports changes in client condition to the Case Manager and physician,
- Communicates information on a timely basis, consistent with Agency policy and urgency of the situation. Communicates verbally, as needed, and through complete and accurate documentation in the clinical record.
- Scope of clinical practice includes personal care services, monitoring and reporting findings, medication administration and monitoring, client teaching, emergency intervention, and nursing services within professional scope of practice and as delegated by the Case Manager.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Makes recommendations on improvement of safety.
- Seeks education/training or assistance with areas of concern
- Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Accepts responsibility for professional nursing role.
- Follows applicable state and federal laws and agency standards.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- 1) Refrains from discussing client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who do not have a legitimate interest in the person.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the Agency Quality Improvement Program and pertinent activities.
- Participates in coordination of home care services, attends meetings as required, and follows reporting guidelines.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.