Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Well & Being Assistant Spa Director
at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Well & Being Assistant Spa Director
The Assistant Spa Director is responsible for learning all aspects of the spa operation and integration with the hotel. Reporting directly to the Spa Director, they directly manage all operational aspects and lead their staff to provide the highest quality guest service. They will serve as a direct manager to the Spa Operations Management team, with a primary goal of assuring effective communication with all employees and guests. The Assistant Director will be expected to provide strong leadership to the staff and therefore must have proven abilities as a leader.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort has 750 guest rooms, five award-winning restaurants, six sparkling heated pools, and a luxurious Well & Being Spa. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 28th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America's. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Well & Being Spa Director, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Adhere to and promote the Well & Being Standard Operation Procedures
- Provide oversite and coordination of establishing enhanced spa operating criteria.
- Provide coordination and oversite of enhancing training manuals, training plans and spa staffing.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of financials including, forecasting, labor & yield management, capture, utilization and yearly budget. Working closely with spa operations logistics manager and Spa Director to accurately reflect daily, weekly and monthly financial goals, forecasts, budgets and expense and labor management.
- Attend all weekly spa & hotel meetings and ensure proper conveyance of information from these meetings to spa leadership team members.
- Oversees Direct reports with performance evaluations after initial 90 days and yearly there after.
- Monitor and report on Colleague Engagement, LQA, AAA and Forbes standards and audits- providing innovative programs to continually enhance guest experience and drive/increase engagement.
- Coordinate and be point of contact for guest resolution issues - following proper reporting channels to ensure guest issues are properly documented and resolved.
- Provide daily oversite and support with overall facility maintenance and repair needs, reporting directly to Spa Director and Director of Engineering specific needs on a daily/regular basis. Cleanliness and maintenance must be held to the highest standards at all times.
- Inspire creativity and a collegiate team spirit amongst the staff. Creative ideas and proactive thinking is expected.
- Oversee POS/appointment bookings software and all other hardware/software at the spa through Book 4 Time spa software program.
- Provide daily oversight and support to group program outreach including collaboration and daily operational guidance and support to Adventures & Experiences along with Spa Groups Sales Manager.
- Be direct supportive liaison alongside Spa Director to spa members, ensuring timely and effective measures of engagement and information are provided in a manner to foster strong relationships with all spa members.
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/Meet/Grooming-Guidelines
- College degree preferred
- 3-5 years prior spa experience in a 4 or 5 Diamond property
- Exceptional guest service skills.
- Hotel operations experience and spa group sales experience preferred
- CPR and first aid training certification preferred
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs are expected. Strong knowledge of Excel required.
- Previous working knowledge of Book 4 Time booking software preferred.
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Public speaking to small groups of employees, managers or guests is expected.
- Strong, independent work ethic and great attention to detail.
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities-throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific-as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V