Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GR5 Production Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Supervision of day-to day operations of the department through assigned Team Leaders/RTR’s and Production Associates to ensure customer requirements are met and procedures are followed to provide a safe work environment.
- Supervise the daily activities and meet objectives of the Business Unit including adherence to procedures and company policies. Generates and issues regular performance reviews, and manages progressive discipline in a respectful manner for a positive outcome.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels. Schedule staff to cover necessary department needs. Verify the implementation of solutions when directed to do so.
- Ensure all work is performed to work instructions. Must also communicate effectively with all internal and external customers. Provide production operators with an adequate supply of required materials, parts, components and packaging. Return required materials, parts, components, and packaging to designated storage areas at the completion of each production run. Transport finished parts to the next required operation, or the correct storage location.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude throughout the workday.
- Must be flexible for change, be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Discusses work-place issues with management staff / co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive results. Initiate, recommend, or provide documentation to assist in associate discipline, when needed. Communicates issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift.
- Complete reports for all safety issues, work place injuries, and environmental incidents immediately upon notification. Work with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
- Responsible for maintaining standards as they relate to housekeeping in your assigned work area. Maintains compliance to company policies, work rules, safety & housekeeping standards.
- Follow ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per the standard.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED preferred. Previous leadership experience. Experience in Injection Molding is a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standardized procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Must have basic competency to utilize a computer and Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be required to sit and use hands tools. The employee is required to frequently stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.