Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Handler will help with all incoming Raw materials, Purchased components, Packaging, Sub-suppliers and Outside Services to support Manufacturing and Shipping requirements in accordance with stated policies, procedures and departmental goals. This position participates fully in department initiatives
- Assist with on time delivery of buy parts and outside processed parts
- Supplier interface-Telephone, email, fax
- Verify receipt data entry from Receivers
- Training of Receivers on receiving into CMS and other databases, as required
- Obtain and ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times
- Obtain and ensure valid supplier certifications are on file at all times (ISO/TS/Enviro.14001)
- File all documentation
- Update Supplier ratings, supplier manual rate and delivery
- Special duties as required
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Minimum 1 to 3 years in the automotive industry
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Positive attitude
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.