Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Molding Supervisor directs a team of molding employees in the areas of production, safety, and quality. The Molding Supervisor will assign and organize work, training employees, and maintain a productive work environment in order to meet established production schedules
- Supervise, plan and coordinate Molding operations on assigned shift to maintain production schedules, quality and cost standards, and maximize efficiency.
- Ensure quality of work, efficient material and work flow, proper use and are of equipment and machines, and proper application of production methods.
- Organize and assign work to utilize employees’ knowledge, skills, and abilities to the best advantage to expedite work schedules and obtain efficient work performance.
- Improves productivity throughout the plant through employee training, involvement in and implementation of lean manufacturing practices, and supporting implementation of the Business System goals and objectives
- Leads employee training and employee meetings to keep lines of communication open
- Evaluate work performance and counsel and coach employees to maintain safe and efficient work performance
- Maintain continual focus on reducing scrap to lower production costs as well as reduce possibility of shipping sub-standard product to customers
- Ensures that plant maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment through implementation and support of all aspects of 5S
- Maintain conformance with Company policies, work rules and regulations by coaching employees and/ or initiating disciplinary actions as required
- Previous molding experience
- Minimum of 2 year’s previous supervisor experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge of requirements of TS 16949
- Professional/ mature demeanour under stressful situation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership, motivation, and supervisory qualities
- Ability to manage priorities and demonstrate a high level reactivity in critical situations
- Physical ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds
- Position will require sitting, walking or standing for at least 40 hours per week
- Duties may require bending, twisting and climbing ladders as needed
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing
- Travel as necessary.
- Overtime as required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.